Before contractors show up to install new tile or hardwood flooring, it’s important to take several steps to prepare the floors in order to avoid problems down the road. Although the contractors should be equipped to make certain preparations, you can make the whole process easier by doing a few preparations yourself.
Getting Ready for Tile Flooring Installation
If you’re having new tile flooring installed, prepare for the change by taking the following steps:
- Make sure that the subfloor is structurally sound so that it isn’t damaged by the weight of the tiles.
- Repair any cracks if the subfloor is concrete.
- Sand down a plywood subfloor to ensure that the base for the tiles is even.
Prepping for Hardwood Flooring Installation
In addition to preparing the subfloor as discussed above, you can get ready for hardwood flooring in the following ways:
- Seal off the area where flooring will be installed in order to contain the dust.
- Remove baseboards and doors and store them in a safe place until the flooring is installed.
Contact Summit Painting and Remodeling for expert assistance with flooring installation!