A hardwood floor is a beautiful addition to any home. Once you have yours installed, though, taking care of it properly is a must. With these simple steps, you can keep your hardwood floor as shiny and beautiful as the day it was installed:
- Don’t use regular cleaning products. Average household cleaning products have chemicals that can be harmful to hardwood floors. When cleaning your floor, only use products specifically designed for hardwood.
- Don’t pour water. Pouring water on your floor to mop can cause immediate and permanent damage. While your floor can stand a few drops of water or a damp cloth, do not pour or spill large amounts of water.
- Sweeping can get dirt and grit stuck between the boards of your floor. Vacuuming with a hardwood attachment keeps them clean.
- Draw your curtains. Too much exposure to sunlight can damage your floor. For at least part of the day, keep your curtains or blinds drawn to protect your floor from too much direct sunlight.
- Pad your furniture. Dragging unpadded furniture across your floor is a sure way to get scratches. Any hardware store can sell you pads for your furniture legs. Even with the pads, however, drag your furniture as little as possible.
Interested in remodeling? Summit Painting and Remodeling can help. Contact us today to find out more.